Sometimes I'm at a loss for what to include in this newsletter. There's always a lot that goes on here, a lot of which doesn't really seem noteworthy.
This week is an exception. There's so much to tell you about that I don't know how to fit it all in. With that in mind, I'm going resort to bullet points.
- Tuesday December 16th 7:30 pm - David Evans (sax) & David Goldblatt (piano). Classic Pianos. Suggested donation of $15. Each of these concerts in their series have been amazing! Call Peggie at Classic Pianos for reservations.
- Last week we began what will be a weekly coffee tasting here at the shop. Starting at 1pm each Saturday. Come taste a selection of organic/fair trade coffees and experience what REAL.GOOD.COFFEE. tastes like.
- Some of you may have noticed the images adorning our exterior wall. They represent the work of Ted Mishima and Susan Dewett. In February, we will be featuring their work as well as that of local (amazing) florist and human, Francoise Weeks with an opening showcasing their collective work. Stay tuned.
- Please visit Marvel29.com and vote for St. Johns Coffee as the Spirit of St. Johns grant recipient. If we receive enough votes, Marvel 29 will provide a matching grant which will allow us to add exterior seating with umbrellas to our storefront. Voting ends January 10th, 2015.
- Customers continue to love the ability of picking up holiday wreaths, bouquets or succulent plants from Bestow while enjoying some of our coffees and baked goods.
- Speaking of baked goods, we just received our first delivery of some amazing European baked delights. Come in and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. We have a poppy seed loaf, a ginger bread/honey spicebread and a sweet bread with dried fruit and fruit preserves. Custom orders are available on each of these if you'd like to take one to a holiday party.
- And last, but not least, I've made the decision that we will be closed the day after Christmas. But we'll be back the next day (Saturday) with normal business hours.
If you're a business owner and would like to share our coffee with some of your customers, employees or whoever, just let us know. You can select one or several coffees from our list of available coffees and share the goodness. Call for information.
In addition to the amazing selection of organic and fair trade coffees, we also have a nice assortment of pottery from Mexico, t-shirts, coffee grinders and other assorted brewing equipment.
If you would like to provide brewed coffee for office parties or holiday gatherings, just let us know. We can provide brewed airpots of coffee with all the accessories. Please reserve one day in advance.
Thank you for your continued support.
We're continuing to love the new space at it evolves into what it seems was meant to be.